Sunday, February 27, 2011

A Brief Moment of Sun

Yesterday morning the sun came out. I don't actually know the last time that happened, but it feels like years or at least months. Anyway, when I saw it, I snatched an armful of wool and my camera and ran across the street to my Mom's sunroom.

She was great and managed to not call the police when I burst into her house yelling, "here, put this hat on QUICK", but that might be because she assumed the police were right behind me. Either way, the result was decent pictures of the items I've been discussing for the last few days.

Here's the first hat:




It's a little hard to see the chevron design, but still a pretty texture.

Rav Link

Clearly I failed to complete my knot badge in Girl Scouts.







Next up are final pictures of mara:



And, finally, my new Madelinetosh hat,  Aspen Tam  finished this morning:



The color is more accurate in the bottom picture, it is more a rust than an orange.  See that little knot of yarn?  That's what was left over after I finished the hat.  4grams, 8 yards of a 210yd skein.  I was very happy that I hadn't noticed how little was left until after I finished knitting!

This week's plan is to:
  • finish the body of my February Lady Sweater  Visualize Whirled Peas.  This should be easy, I have begun binding off while uploading these pictures. 
  • pick up the stitches and get a good start on the sleeves, and
  • do a lot of knitting on Nancy's Comfort.

1 comment:

Lindsey said...

Aaaahh!! I took me forever to find your blog but here I am. I just love that knitted hat you have your mom modeling, so chic!