Friday, December 31, 2010

A Christmas Cowl

Legal Disclaimer:  this song should in no way imply that my true love is actually knitting and not Bob.  Anyone attempting to determine this by, say, counting the number of times in a day I mention knitting vs the number of times a day I mention Bob, for example, is purely wasting their time that would better be spent elsewhere doing almost anything else.  Besides, it proves nothing and I wasn't even there when I did it, so there!

<clears throat>

On the first day of Christmas, my true love made for me:  One doll's ice skating outfit!





On the second day of Christmas, my true love made for me:  Two Jacques Cousteau Hats!



On the third day of Christmas, my true love made for me: Three right hand fingerless mitts for Bob!
(don't ask. Yes, of course there is a perfectly good explanation, I can't believe you asked.  And yes, I did make him a left mitt on Christmas, I can't believe you asked that either.)

(Thanks, Mom, you have a great career ahead of you as a hand model.)


On the fourth day of Christmas, my true love made for me:  Four cowls, one with beads!






This year's hot knitting item was the cowl.  There are many styles and types of these nifty little neckwarmer, but they mostly share two things in common:  (1) they are super fast to knit, and (2) they use very little yarn so they are a great use of really good yarn.  And who doesn't need a warm neck?

FYI, for those of you (like me) who failed the complementary vision test, the bottom one actually does have beads.

On the fifth day of Christmas, my true love made for me:  Five amazing dinners at Mom's!*

(and thank heavens for that, who has time to cook when there is all this knitting to be done?)


* photos sold separately

On the sixth day of Christmas, my true love made for me:  Six dragons flaming around a hat!

(See, I told you I knit him a left mitt!  And it was finished on Christmas, so it doesn't count as late.  Really, you can look it up, it's in the rules).

On the seventh day of Christmas, my true love gave me to:  A day off from knitting!

(no, not really.  You should know me better than that, I mean really, a day without knitting is like ... okay, it's just too horrible to contemplate)




No comments: