Sunday, December 19, 2010

Mustaches For Everyone!

Last week I decided I needed 2 things.  One, a gift for a very cool 8 year old boy with a great sense of humor, and two, less stress around the holidays!

I searched and searched the Ravelry.com pattern database but have you ever noticed how hard it is to find something if you have no idea what you are looking for? 

So I stopped to think about what an 8 year old boy wants.  Legos.  Almost impossible to knit.  Star Wars figurines. Less impossible but highly unlikely to knit.  To be a grown up and do what grown up men can do.  Hmm, interesting.  but what .... And then I found exactly what I was looking for --  a mustache --  Perfect.


I thought it was a hoot.  Mom and Bob just sorta looked at me with that funny scunched up look that said they totally didn't get it.  But that's okay!  I had the courage of my conviction that this was funny.

So I took it to work to show anyone who I thought would be a kindred spirit.  Okay, mostly it was because I needed to see if people could figure out what it was.  They did (that was a relief).  Sarah liked them so much she begged me to make 2 for her granddaughters for Christmas.  I love her granddaughters, two young ladies with very well developed senses of humor, so of course I agreed.

It was only when he saw this picture that Bob finally got it.


Bob took one look at this picture and said to me, "you know, I had no idea how much you looked like your Dad, huh".

Without further ado, I present to you my Christmas cheer, Mustaches for Everyone!



Now aren't you glad I learned how to paste pictures? 

And for those of you who have an hour to kill and yearn for a mustache of your own, here's where you can get the pattern:

No comments: